In the never ending quest for family-friendly activities, one game stands superior in its accessibility and fun for just about any age group. “Would You Rather” is an engaging game that can be played anywhere, anytime, with no equipment required, and can be tailored to suit any age group.
But, thinking up the best ‘Would You Rather’ questions to ask can be a problem, and that’s where we step in! We’re here to help with a long, extensive list of fun and thoughtful ‘Would You Rather’ questions for preschoolers.
The below questions have been written to inspire you and your little ones into deep and thoughtful conversations and connections. Our list is by no means exhaustive – there is a never ending supply of questions you could use if you think about it!
But our list of ‘Would You Rather’ questions for preschoolers is designed to make your game easy by giving you some fun and thoughtful questions to begin with…then you might like to start thinking of some of your own – that way you can make the questions quite specific to your own children.
How To Play The ‘Would You Rather’ Game
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, don’t worry, it’s very straightforward!
“Would You Rather” is a simple and entertaining game that involves presenting a choice between two options, and participants must choose one of the provided options. Here’s a brief explanation of how to play:
Pose a Question:
Start by posing a “Would you rather” question (see below for plenty of ideas). The questions typically present two options, often contrasting or amusing.
Example: “Would you rather have the ability to fly like a bird or swim like a fish?”
Each participant, in turn, selects their preference by choosing one of the two options presented.
Example: “I would rather fly like a bird!”
Optionally, participants can share why they made their choice. This adds a conversational and often humorous element to the game.
Example: “Flying like a bird would be amazing because I could explore the sky and see everything from above!”
Continue the game by rotating turns, with each participant taking a moment to answer the presented “Would You Rather” question.
Have Fun with Varied Questions:
Keep the game interesting by presenting a variety of questions. Tailor them to the age group and interests of the participants – in this case we’ll be tailoring our questions to suit young children of around preschool age.
Optional: Group Discussion:
If playing with a group, encourage discussion and laughter as participants explain their choices.
This can lead to funny and engaging conversations.
Emphasize that there are no right or wrong answers. The game is about personal preferences and sparking imaginative thinking.
“Would You Rather” is a versatile game that can be adapted for various settings, from car rides to family dinners. It’s an excellent way to foster creativity, stimulate conversation, and bring a dose of lighthearted fun to any gathering.
Now that you’ve got the basics of the game down pat, let’s check out some Would You Rather questions for preschoolers.
Would You Rather Questions For Preschoolers
- Would you rather have a pet dinosaur or a pet unicorn?
- Would you rather be able to fly like a bird or swim like a fish?
- Would you rather eat pancakes for every meal or ice cream for every meal?
- Would you rather have a super long trunk like an elephant or a super long tail like a monkey?
- Would you rather have a room full of toys or a room full of your favorite snacks?
- Would you rather go on an adventure with pirates or explore a magical forest with fairies?
- Would you rather have a never-ending supply of cookies or a never-ending supply of balloons?
- Would you rather be able to talk to animals or be the fastest runner in the world?
- Would you rather have a rainbow-coloured house or a house made of candy?
- Would you rather have the ability to make it snow in the summer or have sunshine all year round?
- Would you rather eat brussels sprouts or turnip soup?
- Would you rather have a dragon as a best friend or a talking teddy bear?
- Would you rather be able to jump as high as a kangaroo or swing from trees like a monkey?
- Would you rather have a magic wand that makes toys appear or one that makes your favourite snacks appear?
- Would you rather live in a castle made of candy or a treehouse in the jungle?
- Would you rather have the ability to make your toys come to life or make your drawings come to life?
- Would you rather have a superhero cape that lets you fly or one that makes you invisible?
- Would you rather have a birthday party every day or go on a holiday every week?
- Would you rather be a famous astronaut exploring space or a famous chef cooking delicious meals for everyone?
- Would you rather have a bed made of clouds or a slide instead of stairs in your house?
- Would you rather have a magical talking mirror or shoes that can take you anywhere you want?
- Would you rather have a magic wand that can make your favourite toys dance or one that can make them sing?
- Would you rather spend a day at the beach building sandcastles or in a snowy wonderland building snowmen?
- Would you rather have a rainbow for hair or glitter for skin?
- Would you rather be friends with a talking giraffe or a talking penguin?
- Would you rather have a treasure chest full of stickers or one full of shiny gems?
- Would you rather have a picnic with talking animals or a tea party with your favourite cartoon characters?
- Would you rather have a pet dragon that breathes bubbles or one that can talk like a parrot?
- Would you rather wear shoes that make you jump super high or ones that let you skate on any surface?
- Would you rather have a magical hat that changes your outfit every day or shoes that let you walk on water?
- Would you rather have a day filled with rainbow-coloured rain or a night with a sky full of glowing stars?
- Would you rather have legs that can extend to make you really tall or arms that extend so that you can reach anything?
- Would you rather swim in a pool full of slime or a pool full of paint?
- Would you rather have a talking teddy bear that tells jokes or one that sings lullabies?
- Would you rather explore an underwater city with mermaids or a treetop village with friendly birds?
- Would you rather have a birthday party with all your favourite characters from books or from cartoons?
- Would you rather have a magic paintbrush that brings your drawings to life or a magic hat that grants wishes?
- Would you rather have a garden full of giant flowers or a garden with lollies growing on trees?
- Would you rather ride on the back of a friendly dragon or hop around with a bouncy kangaroo?
- Would you rather have a spaceship that travels to outer space or a submarine that explores the deep sea?
- Would you rather have a day where everything you touch turns into your favourite color or a day where you can talk to animals?
- Would you rather have a room that changes its theme every day or a room filled with your favourite type of toys?
- Would you rather have a magic umbrella that makes it rain sweets and lollies or one that makes it snow marshmallows?
- Would you rather have a day when you can eat all of your favourite foods or a day when you can play with all of your favourite toys?
- Would you rather eat avocado or eggs for breakfast?
- Would you rather find friendly pixies in your garden or have a talking cat?
- Would you rather eat ice cream for breakfast every morning or eat marshmallows for dinner?
- Would you rather have a playdate with friendly aliens from outer space or magical creatures from a fairytale?
- Would you rather have a super bouncy trampoline in your backyard or a slide that goes all the way to the clouds?
- Would you rather have a talking backpack that tells jokes or a talking mirror that gives compliments?
- Would you rather eat spaghetti with ice cream toppings or pizza with candy toppings?
- Would you rather have a magic wand that lets you change any food to your favourite food whenever you want, or shoes that make you dance every time you wear them?
- Would you rather have a treehouse in a candy forest or a castle in a rainbow valley?
- Would you rather have a day where everything is upside down or a day where everything is made of bubbles?
- Would you rather have a robot friend that can play any game with you or a flying carpet that takes you to any place you want?
- Would you rather have a garden full of talking flowers or a room with walls that change colours with your mood?
- Would you rather sleep in a fluffy cloud or slide down a colourful rainbow?
- Would you rather play all night or sleep all day?
- Would you rather have a magic wand that turns your toys into real animals or one that makes your favourite snacks appear whenever you want?
- Would you rather have a birthday party with your favourite cartoon characters as guests or a party with all the animals from the zoo?
- Would you rather have a treehouse in a giant bubblegum tree or a boat that sails on a river of chocolate milk?
- Would you rather have a room filled with bouncing balloons or a room with walls that change patterns and colours?
- Would you rather have a talking teddy bear that tells bedtime stories or a magical pillow that gives you sweet dreams?
- Would you rather have a magic remote control that pauses time or one that fast-forwards to your favourite part of the day?
- Would you rather have a friendly robot as a playmate or a magical book that comes to life when you open it?
- Would you rather have a garden where the flowers play music or a garden where the butterflies carry messages for you?
- Would you rather have a day at the beach with talking seashells or a day in the mountains with singing birds?
- Would you rather be able to drive a car or be able to buy anything you want?
- Would you rather be able to speak another language or be able to talk to animals?
As stated before, this list is far from exhaustive but I think you’ll agree that we’ve given you plenty of ‘Would You Rather’ questions to get your game started!
So, next time you’ve got a car ride or a long wait somewhere with your young children, you’ve got plenty of ammunition here to enjoy a fun game of ‘Would You Rather’ with your preschoolers.